Basic Spine – Introductory lecture
This lecture covers some key concepts for beginner radiologists when interpreting studies of the spine.
The level of this lecture is appropriate for medical students, junior residents, and trainees in other specialties who have an interest in spine imaging or may see patients with spine disease. More senior residents may find some concepts useful as a review and potentially benefit from the cases in chapter 5.
The lecture is divided into chapters as follows:
- Chapter 1 – Introduction and spine anatomy
- Chapter 2 – General principles and terminology
- Chapter 3 – Spine Degenerative disease
- Chapter 4 – Spine Non-degenerative disease, a location based approach
- Chapter 5 – Case based review
While designed as one continuous lecture, individual components may be useful for general review.